Comprised of roughly thirty students, the Brass Band performs a varied repertoire of brass literature. The ensemble works with both a flexible "pool" concept so that each work in the curriculum is staffed with the instrumentation envisioned by the composer. Concerts for the Brass Band will be shared with other groups, but occasionally the group may perform at special events. The Brass Band is open to music majors and non-majors by audition, and is only offered in the Spring semester.
MUS 275 | MUS 450
7:00pm - 9:00 pm on Wednesday
Room 141, Harding Band Building
Prof. Sean D. Smith, conductor
*All ensembles are open to music majors and non-majors based on audition.
- Flex "pool" concept of thirty members
- Traditional British Brass Band Music
- Contemporary Brass Band Music
- Brass Band Music of Earlier Eras
- Roughly thirty
- Open to majors and non-majors by audition
- Placement by taking the Standard Audition
- Assistant Director of Athletic Bands, Sean Smith
- Two per semester
- Special events as needed