2018 SuperState Registration
important changes for 2018
I am excited to announce a change to the University of Illinois SuperState procedures for next year. We hope this change will significantly enhance the experience for all involved at the application level. This year, instead of receiving one page of written comments from each of three adjudicators, we will provide a digital voice commentary from the adjudicators for every band that applies; in essence, three real-time evaluations of your submitted performance. In this way, every band that applies is, in essence, participating in SuperState at a more meaningful level. We believe that this change will significantly improve the educational mission of SuperState, and provide extremely valuable feedback for all.
In order to do this, we will be increasing the application fee from $35.00 to $100.00, but will reduce the festival participation fee to $500.00 ($600.00 total for selected bands). We trust that you will find this significant enhancement to be worth the additional charge. We will evaluate this change after the 2018 festival, and look forward to receiving your feedback then.
Dr. Stephen Peterson
Director of Bands
NOTE: If you need to receive an invoice in order to process payment or to get reimbursed, please email Bands@Illinois.edu.
1. Fill out the Application Form in the link below, and pay the application fee. Application, materials, and payment are due no later than Monday, February 26, 2018.
- Application Fee: $100. (If paying by credit card, please have card accessible when you begin your application. If paying by check, to take advantage of the electronic check option, have check in hand when you begin your application.)
- Participation Fee: $500. (All chosen schools will be invoiced.)
If you wish to register another band after you complete your first application:
- Click on the "Application Form" link again
- Fill out the application again—make sure you indicate a different name for each additional band(s)
- Select the next classification down from the one listed on the previous application for each additional band
2. Fill out the Enrollment Verification Form, using the link below.
3. Recording information:
- For High Schools: 12-20 minutes of UNEDITED music (in mp3 music file format) from the 2017-18 school year, which is to be submitted through "Dropbox."
- For Middle/Junior High Schools: 8-20 minutes of UNEDITED music (in mp3 music file format) from the 2017-18 school year, which is to be submitted through "Dropbox."
Label each individual recording like this:
School_Band Name_Piece_Composer Last Name (ex: ACME-High-School_Senior-Band_Lincolnshire-Posy_Grainger)